Are you looking for a Project and Service Management Job? Project and service management professionals are in charge of integrating a project’s technical, financial and regulatory requirements with the organization’s strategic goals. See a job you like? Then we welcome your application. At Sapienza Consulting, we are committed to providing our professionals the environment, training and support to grow and reach their full potential.
About Project Control
One of the key activity domains that needs to be satisfied in complex engineering environments in order to ensure project success in terms of schedule and resources, is that of project control.
This large domain which includes finance, procurement, general business management and contract management requires highly professional personnel able to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders and the necessary organisational and analytical skills to maintain an overview of a project’s progress. Within high-security multi-governmental agencies, and particularly within engineering environments, additional affinity with the subject matter being controlled is also of key importance.
Sapienza has a solid network and employs key personnel within this domain, all with specialist backgrounds in finance, planning and engineering, depending on the specific requirements of the task.
Financial & Resource Controllers
Financial and Resource Controllers are the most common types of project controllers, and are generally responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining milestone payment plans to ensure the planning is up to date in related files
- Report on financial status of procurements and internal cost of projects, as required
- Support to the risk management processes (e.g. maintenance of risk register, monitoring of risk mitigation/reduction actions) for the Unit
- Assessment and monitoring of the status of the procurement actions, including activity progress, maintenance of payment plans, correctness of financial charging, invoicing and payment
- Elaboration of recharge rates for the Cost Centres of the Business Unit, controlling their overall financial balance, contributing to the recharging process
- Monitoring assigned contracts with respect to cost, payments, contract changes, deviations and trends. Preparation of management reports on these areas
Planner / Scheduler
Although some project managers, particularly in smaller organisations, are in charge of both financial and resource control, as well as the planning and scheduling of a project, in multi-year projects with many suppliers and sub-contractors separating the two, having a specialist in this domain brings additional insight and risk management skills to the project. Sapienza’s understanding of particularly these types of projects has ensured that we have the appropriate key staff supporting project controllers or department heads in the mitigation of project risks. These members of our staff:
- Contribute to the preparation, development and maintenance of the overall schedule aspects of the project
- Establish and maintain regular schedule reporting from all mission elements and aggregate and integrate the schedules to a project reference schedule
- Advise on Schedule and Control methods
- Participate in the establishment of baseline schedule and plans
- Perform schedule analysis through Critical Path Analysis, Trend Chart Analysis and simulations
- Assist in preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations
About Project Support
The roles in Project Support cover a diverse range of activities from budget management to the processing of invoices, purchase orders and expense claims. Rigorous adherence to process is key to providing sound financial management and reporting to the various project stakeholders.
Candidates selected for these types of roles can all demonstrate first-hand experience of working in these areas, and have proven experience handling large amounts of numerical data while following strict procedures in a highly accurate and deadline oriented manner. Additionally, employees within project support roles would be expected to have excellent Microsoft Office skills (in particular Excel), as well as fluency in a range of industry standard tools such as SAP.
Our staff has contributed to the successful programme management and control of over 20 space missions within ESA, from Columbus and METOP to Herschel-Planck and Galileo. Typical activities in this domain include:
Timesheet Administration / Workforce Planning
Through Sapienza’s years of experience working with space and defense institutional and industry organisations, we are well aware of the high level of responsibility and accuracy required for the administration of timesheets. Staff in this position often play a pivotal role in project management, receiving data from a wide variety of contacts and providing reports to several departments, requiring them to have excellent communication and organization skills in addition to accuracy. Some of their typical activities include:
- Time-based charging activities, financial administration
- Workforce Control and Planning
- Consolidation with contractual agreements
- Monthly Reporting