With the rapid rate of advancement in technology, it has become difficult to keep up with the demands of this industry. Requirements Engineering (RE) encompasses all activities that are necessary to elicit, document, analyze, validate and manage user needs as they relate to a system or service throughout its life-cycle.
However, Requirements Engineering can be quite challenging to master and it is important that you understand the basics of RE. Requirements elicitation is a key element in any development project. It has been widely recognized as an activity that provides subject matter experts with information about customer needs and expectations and thus can be considered to hold a crucial role in engineering.
The team at Sapienza Consulting is capable of helping you with your requirements engineering service. We have the best engineers, innovative approach, and recognized engineering expertise required for your complex space programmes and missions.
- SMART requirements definition, maintenance and management across the system/service lifecycle
- Requirements elicited through full stakeholder engagement and a combination of: use-case/business process analysis, literature review, workshops, one-to-one interviews
- Requirements fully justified and traceable, enabling rapid requirement trade impact assessment
- Requirements recorded using appropriate tools such as DOORS
Architecture Design is a process of defining how the business, functional and physical architecture elements will look like. The goal is to describe target states and associated transition states. In other words, it's about generating, analysing and supporting the selection of business, functional and physical architecture options.
Architecture Design is one of the most important steps in Enterprise Architecture and like any other step needs to be well planned and documented. The required activities include defining requirements, defining performance measures (and baselines), identifying stakeholders, defining boundaries and scope.
An Architecture Design service is available for businesses who are looking to streamline these processes. The service is carried out by experts who have years of experience in the field. Our Digital Engineers have extensive knowledge on how to best use various architectural frameworks and tools that will help your company get through this difficult process.
- Generate, analyse and support the selection of business, functional and physical architecture options
- Describing target (‘to-be’) states and associated transition states (from ‘as-is’)
- Architectures encompass people, processes, information and technology, and their relationships to one another and the external environment
Innovation & Technology Management
Innovation and technology management is a big part of any long term successful organisation. It will make an organisation competitive in today's global economy, and as more and more science fiction becomes reality, it will become even more important than ever before.
Innovation includes new ideas that are not yet useful or practical enough to be developed into a product. Technology management involves planning for how these new ideas can be introduced in order to have an effect on current operational concepts.
We are committed to help organisations of all shapes and sizes. That is why we offer a range of different services to promote innovation and technology management, tailored to the needs of your organisation. We aim to improve the process of identifying and developing new ideas, as well as speed up the transition from research and development (R&D) into your operational environment.
- Planning, including TRL and SRL assessment, forecasting and road mapping
- Planning and delivery of Concept Demonstrators to evaluate potential uses and implications of new technology in support of current and emerging operational concepts
- Planning and delivery of Technology Demonstrators to evaluate and accelerate the maturity of new technology
Testing, Verification & Validation
Testing, Verification and Validation is the process that ensures that the end product meets the requirements of their respective standards. This includes testing for performance and functionalities, verification to ensure compliance with specification/designs, and validation to prove conformance against standard/specifications. These services are performed before the end product is released into the market.
The main result for any organization is to improve customer satisfaction by providing high quality products which meet their standards. We can help to ensure quality in all systems from small-scale products through large-scale hardware projects.
We help organizations to meet the needs of their customers by ensuring quality assurance in all systems. We offer complete end-to-end services to ensure that products are reliably built.
- Assembly Integration and Testing/Verification (AIT/AIV) services at all levels mechanical, electrical, functional and optical
- Definition of tests of system performance & functions including definition of Assembly, Manufacturing, and Integration Plans, Test Specifications, Test Procedures, Test Results
- Independent assessment of standard/specification/design to determine whether they are fully defined and implementable
- Independent assessment of end solution’s conformance to standard/specification/design
Data Engineering & Data Operations Services
The Data Engineering and Data Operations services are responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and evolution of ground segment data processing applications. The introduction of this service is to ensure that Earth Observation missions have a proper data processor in place for near real-time data processing.
We can support you in ensuring that all observations are processed efficiently and effectively by the time they reach their respective customer (e.g. user or client). We will also be designing new components that may not exist yet due to changes in technology or requirements.
We offer Data Engineering and Data Operations services to organisations who need the help of experts in this field. We provide you with an in-house team that will ensure that your organisation has accurate data, whatever your goal is with.
- Development and maintenance of Data Processors for Earth Observation missions
- Definition, implementation and integration of architectures or elements of architectures for data processing ground segments and their components; – with special emphasis on level 0, level 1, and level 2 near real-time data processing;
- Maintenance and evolution of existing operational data processing ground segments applications or application components especially for those under configuration control;
Software & Product Assurance
Software and Product Assurance is a service that allows software to be created according to standards, ensuring that it has been built correctly. Software and Product Assurance helps clients assess their needs for the future as well as those of their current system, assists with establishing what those needs are, and then provides an answer. In other words, it ensures that your business will not suffer from technology issues in the future. It also manages any present non-compliances or problems you may have with your current system.
This service will manage your requirements throughout the development process, ensuring that these are met through each stage. It will do this through the use of formal methods, functional analysis and so on. It also will provide a complete analysis to be used throughout the entire life cycle of your chosen product or system This service is suitable for any company that wishes to have its software and hardware built correctly.
- Planning, implementation and verification and validation in terms of software levels (unit, system & integration) and methods (demonstration, test, analysis, inspection and special qualification methods)
- Development of test-cases based upon requirements and use-cases
- Assessment of software/system requirements, architectures and standards to determine whether they are fully defined and implementable
- Assessment of software functionality, performance and interoperability against architecture, requirements and standards in a series of iterative stages (either manual or automatic)
- Implementation of tailored reviews to assess progress and quality across the lifecycle
- Non conformances management
- Advice and implementation of changes as a result of non-compliance (change of usage/environment, design or production fault)
- Maintenance of configuration of the system/service
Why work with us?
We are a trusted partner with 25 years’ heritage in providing engineering support for government agencies, ESA and EUMETSAT. Integrated offering through End-to End engineering support throughout the entire lifespan of a satellite. Support across the entire value chain - high volume production to low volume prototyping; Scalable services from small projects (one person) up to large transnational programmes involving many disciplines and countries.Contact