Vacancy Communication Officer
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Communication Officer to work within the Science Directorate in ESA-ESTEC.
Responsibilities of the Communication Officer
- Act as Senior Editor for the Science and Technology pages of the Science directorate, including the commissioning, editing and writing of articles and updates;
- Act as administrator of the Science Editorial Board to review news requests and coordinate the publication agenda;
- Act as “Point of Contact” for science missions internally (ESA project scientist and managers) and externally (Mission Science teams and communication partners);
- Under the responsibility of the Science Programme Communication Officer support the drafting and implementation of annual and mission communication plans;
- Organisation of media events, including briefing of speakers and follow-up of requests from media;
- Set-up of outreach events agreed in the Science and Exploration Domain communication plan;
- Support to launch and mission events and tasks and events defined in partnership and cooperation agreements;
- Conception and conduct of social media campaigns, including the management of Science related social media accounts;
- Conception, editing and writing of stories for ESA science portal and SciTech pages in English;
- Obtain the necessary internal approval for publication;
- Conception of storyboards for videos, animations and social media assets;
- Represent ESA at science/outreach/communication conferences by giving presentations and to maintain and develop relationships with other science communicators and update own knowledge.
Profile of the Communication Officer
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Astronomy, Planetary Science, Astrophysics;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Science, engineering or technological communication. A good synthesis ability and a thorough understanding and interest for science is needed;
- In-depth knowledge of the missions and topics of ESA’s Science Programme;
- International Media and Social media;
- Good interaction skills and capacity to work under stressful situations;
- A fair knowledge in the following areas will be considered an additional advantage:
- Science communications
- Audio-visual requirements
- Graphic design and layout
- Social media
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.