Vacancy IT Systems Architect
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an experienced IT Systems Architect to support ESA-ESTEC at the directorate of TEC.
Responsibilities of the IT Systems Architect
- Maintain understanding of business issues, operating procedures and priorities, actively seeking opportunities for increased business agility, ensuring all different services are integrated and in line with the Directorate’s IT architecture plan
- Introduce IT synergies across the TEC Departments, aligning Knowledge Bases and lnformation Repositories
- Provide help to formalise requirements and assess impact on security, software licenses and cost, especially where contacts among different services are needed and questions go beyond the current computing service offerings
- Provide help with system architecture and design:
- Encourage reuse of existing IT services / technologies.
- Favour solutions compatible with existing infrastructure.
- Formalize user stories and requirements
- Assess impact on security, software licenses, cost, etc.
- Identify required architecture components and/or frameworks. Prioritizes architecture deliverables, and establish short-term, mid-term and long-range architecture plans
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current industry technologies, methodologies and designs, and their applicability and appropriateness in various solution architectures.
- Analyse technical requirements to determine infrastructure designs, potential issues, and related costs
- Contribute to the selection, prototyping, and implementation of hardware, operating systems, applications, and technical solutions to business problems
- Take the pulse of and keep tabs on the general hardware markets for innovative designs, cost savings and market trends
- Provide technical leadership of activities related to the design, deployment, evolution and operation of the existing technical IT infrastructure and related services
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies through hands-on experimentation, providing an informed point of view and advocacy within the organization
- Leads the evaluation and comparison of IT technologies, reporting to the management, reporting on alternative scenarios and assessing opportunities related to new and emerging technologies
Profile of the IT Systems Architect
- Typically requires a Master’s degree in information technology or a related discipline
- 10+ years of progressive professional experience in IT architecture primarily in systems administration. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- Expertise with Enterprise Storage, backup and recovery technologies required.
- Experience in design, architecting, engineering and administering Storage and Virtualisation technologies
- Cloud integration experience of virtual platforms
- Experience in cluster methodologies
- Expertise with server technologies and deployments in large data centre environment
- Expert Knowledge of Linux and Unix operation systems (Solaris, AIX and RedHat/SLES)
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to gain respect across highly technical teams
- Experience interacting with vendors
- Experience with HPC (High performance cluster) Methodologies.
- Proven ability to coordinate between various teams in an Aerospace R&D environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and active participation to IT coordination groups and in coordinating with IT service providers in an environment where shared IT services are largely used by the business units.
- Good understanding of ESA/TEC IT business processes at various levels and the functioning of TEC technical infrastructure would be considered an asset.
- A keen interest in technology innovation, the ability to collect and understand new information, plus organisational and business sensitivity are required to successfully design, deploy and maintain IT architectures.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.