Vacancy Solid Earth Scientist
Responsibilities of the Solid Earth Scientist
- Provide scientific support to Solid Earth Projects during commissioning phase.
- Assist Solid Earth Projects during calibration/validation activities.
- Run the off-line validation tools for the gradiometer data and perform analyses during the whole mission lifetime.
- Assist the Calibration and Monitoring Facility (CMF) of the Project.
- Support to the Project concerning algorithms and scientific performance.
Profile of the Solid Earth Scientist
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in scientific support of earth observation missions
- Master’s degree in a relevant scientific field
- Experience in the management of software development and verification for space applications.
- Experience in validation of gradiometer data
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another European language is an asset.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.