Vacancy Mechanisms Engineer
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting a Mechanisms Engineer to support the directorate of TEC at ESA-ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands. The incumbent will be expected to provide his/her abilities to all ESA project directorates ad aid in the implementation of mechanisms technologies in missions. The future post-holder will also perform the following duties.
Responsibilities of the Mechanisms Engineer
- Mechanisms support to all ESA project directorates with respect to the implementation of space mechanism technologies in current and future missions, including configuration assessments and mission performance evaluation
- Establishment of Statement of Work and Preliminary Requirement Specifications for Mechanism Systems, Individual Mechanisms or Mechanism components dedicated to Technology and Research & Development
- Perform and support in the role of Mechanism engineer, System Level Mission Definition studies and system conceptual design activities in support of the ESA long term/future mission plans
- Identification of enabling mechanism and tribological technologies for future ESA missions
- Support investigations of mechanisms being out of performance, including malfunctions and contingency scenarios
- Support and contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Space Mechanisms ECSS Engineering Standards
- Generation and set-up of appropriate space mechanisms analysis and simulation models using analysis tools based on technical documentation of space mechanisms; back up and archiving of analysis models for later retrieval
- Maintain fixed assets master data in the corporate database;
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation;
- Provide timely support to project teams on matters related to fixed assets acquisition, development and or management.
Profile of the Mechanisms Engineer
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in mechanical or aeronautical engineering
- At least 4 years of previous relevant practical working experience
- Relevant experience within the field of mechanism design, analysis, verification and testing
- Excellent knowledge in space system engineering, specializing in mechanisms, knowledge of the Space Mechanism ECSS standard and its application to the design and verification of mechanisms
- Good knowledge of space mechanism testing and verification methodologies and techniques and a good knowledge of related mechanisms numerical analysis tools such as Adams, VirtualLab Motion, SIMPACK, Matlab/Simulink, Maxwell, Flux etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment, defining and implementing solutions in line with team and individual objectives, as well as project deadlines.
- Good knowledge of ECSS-E-ST-33-01C-Rev.1 Mechanisms
- Good knowledge of ESA and its programmes/projects
- Self-motivation, communication, continuous learning, cross-cultural sensitivity
- Teamwork / team spirit
- Fluent in English, Knowledge of another ESA member state language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.