Vacancy Mechanical AIV / AIT Engineer
Sapienza is looking for an experienced Mechanical AIV / AIT Engineer to support ESTEC in its testing activities over different missions.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical AIV / AIT Engineer:
- Support Agency projects on AIV/AIT issues, in particular environmental testing including follow up of industry activities.
- Support ESA satellite projects in AIV/AIT aspects including follow up of industry activities.
- Support the Customers of the Test Centre through all project phases, taking into account project requirements and performance of facilities.
- Support Agency projects with respect to model philosophy definition, requirement specification, planning, costing, risk assessment, test execution and verification control.
- Support Agency project studies and reviews in the Concurrent Design Facility at ESTEC in the domain programmatics and AIV/AIT.
- Participate in formal project reviews and tender evaluation boards, usually in the AIV panel.
- Participate in the development of new methods and tools, the preparation and implementation of investments.
Profile of the Mechanical AIV / AIT Engineer:
- Master’s degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering;
- At least 4 years of previous relevant practical working experience;
- Experience in satellite AIV and satellite testing, and some experience in programmatic aspects;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
- Willing and able to travel frequently (mostly within Europe)
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.