Vacancy IT DOORS Engineer
Sapienza Consulting is recruiting an IT DOORS Technical IT Engineer to work with ESA on site at ESTEC. The incumbent will provide support to the user community and provide expert advice.
Responsibilities of the IT DOORS Engineer
- Setup a DOORS environment for various ESA projects and directorates
- Setup and maintain a Cloud service for DOORS
- Identify requirements based on classified and unclassified DOORS environments depending on projects needs.
- The user access to the DOORS system will be also from outside ESA firewalls for authorized external users (e.g. Industry, EU, GSA). In the case of access from outside the ESA firewall is necessary, it will be made by means of security tokens, subject to the ESA Security policies. Certain projects might not allow external access from outside ESA firewalls.
- Work closely with corporate IT services to find the best possible solutions for DOORS environments for internal and external users
- Specific consultancy shall be available to configure each DOORS project independently and ensure that only authorized person can access a specific project space.
- The Contractor shall provide support to the user community to:
- Provide assistance in the technical and functional use of the applications under the Contractor’s responsibility;
- Address requests related to applications and products out of his scope to the relevant support groups keeping the user informed;
- The Contractor shall provide expert advice regrading current system functionality and respond to:
- Requests for manipulation of the database (e.g. generation of specific script for data upload, application configuration, etc.);
- Requests for data extraction, ad-hoc reports, etc.
- Troubleshooting applications errors not requiring intervention of the development team.
Profile of the IT DOORS Engineer
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- At least four years of previous relevant work experience
- A deep understanding of IBM DOORS is required
- Proficiency in databases systems (e.g. Oracle, MariaDB, etc.)
- A good experience in developing Web applications using standard application frameworks and related Web technologies.
- Capable of Java (web) development
- Capable in Software development (Pascal, C, C++, Java, Spring, Hibernate, PL/SQL, Perl, PHP, VB)
- Proficient in Software Debugging
- Proficient in running operational environments
- Must be able to train and explain issues to users over the telephone and email, and to maintain clear communication with the ESA’s technical responsible on all tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High sense of rigour, proactive attitude to solve problems
- Service orientation
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English language is essential. Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, negotiation, etc.) are crucial.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.