Vacancy Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer
The Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer will be responsible for the key aspects of accounting and management for properties, equipment and intangible assets.
Responsibilities of the Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer
- Support the user terminal developments within the Iris project
- Support ARTES C&G activities related to ground segment developments for telecom systems
- Support the preparation of the section R&D technology roadmaps in the area of telecom systems and networks
- Support the section telecom lab activities
Profile of the Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- At least 4 years of previous relevant practical working experience
- Experience with satellite telecommunication systems and protocols
- Experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM)
- Experience with Aeronautical user terminals for ATM via Satellite
- Experience with Ground user terminal for broadband telecommunications
- Experience with Secure telecommunication networks
- Knowledge of satellite communication architectures and techniques.
- Experience in analysis and design of modern digital communication systems, coding and synchronization issues.
- Familiarity with modern communication system and sub-system simulation techniques, as a minimum Matlab and C/C++ program languages.
- Knowledge of modern prototyping and testing methodologies for digital communication sub-systems is also preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of English, additional knowledge of another ESA member state language is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.