Vacancy Backend Developer for LIFT
A little bit of free advertisement for our new partner: LIFT! Check out what they are looking for, send us your CV, and we will make sure it arrives!
“We’re looking for an experienced developer to take the lead on the development of our backend.
At Lift we use data and machine learning to profile companies, vacancies and occupations so we can recommend these to our users. Instead of the traditional approach of matching cv’s and job descriptions, we focus on matching on dimensions like interests, psychometrics and the cultural fit.
We just received a new investment, we have a first Lift app in the Apple app store. Currently finishing up on delivering our first white label version for a paying customer, with a number of white labels on the roadmap. In other words, we’re growing.
So we’re looking for some talented people to join our endeavour. Next to a dev lead, we’re currently expanding our team with more capacity on the back and front end, DevOps, and data science.
Hopefully you’re as annoyed by recruitment as we are. Come join our team to solve this challenge.”
What you actually will do:
- Work in an agile team on the core product of a well-funded startup
Write well-tested, clean and maintainable code
- Follow software engineering best practices, while staying pragmatic (ie. don’t overengineer)
- Collaborate closely with the product manager, lead development efforts and align with (frontend) engineers & data scientists
What LIFT would like to see:
- 5+ years Java and preferably Python experience
- Experience with Spring (Boot)
- Experience with MongoDB, SQL and RabbitMQ
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with git, TDD and Continuous Integration is a must
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, Docker, AWS and DevOps is a plus
- Knowledge of Microservice architectures and/or 12-Factor apps is a plus
- Affinity with data science and machine learning is a plus
- Good communication skills in English
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.