Whilst ESA focus is on the delivery of space missions, it relies mainly on contracting companies such as Sapienza to provide them with project and mission support as well as products and services necessary to achieve their objectives. These are used by the different departments (both at Programme and Corporate level), at many locations (across ESA’s European sites) and to the benefit of the whole ESA programs ecosystem (from suppliers to customer stakeholders).
Sapienza provides ESA through a number of contracts (since 1994) support to their requirements for:
- People – through our Manpower Services Sapienza recruits, deploys and manages at ESA expert space personnel with competences in business administration, finance, engineering, operations, facility management and IT.
- Software – through our market-leading ECLIPSE software toolset Sapienza offers a modular, flexible yet integrating suite for Document Management (DM), Configuration Management (CM), Product Assurance (PA) and Quality assurance (QA) activities specifically designed to meet the stringent needs of the space projects and mission management office.
- Services – through our portfolio of services Sapienza offers ESA a wide range of services designed, tailored to and delivered as demanded by the space sector. The service portfolio ranges from manpower managed service to functional work-package projects, to solution centric added-value technical and engineering services.
Benefits of Services
- Highly competent and cost effective workforce providing the resource flexibility the Agency required to meet the changing needs of the projects through their lifetime
- Tools that have been specifically designed with ESA and the space sector in mind , taking into account their specific processes and standards (ECSS and ISO)
- Improved information management and control through an Integrated suite of applications covering all aspects of programme management
- Increased efficiency , effectiveness and accountability in their programme management
“We are pleased to continue working with Sapienza Consulting and its consortium in the upcoming 5 years. It is great to work with experienced and trustful partners who understand ESA’s needs and processes.”
The European Space Research and Technology Centre in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, is the largest ESA establishment, a test centre and hub for European space activities. It has responsibility for the technical preparation and management of ESA space projects and provides technical support to ESA’s on-going satellite, space exploration and human space activities.